Ive used Waterhorse for diving the Yukon and Ruby E. The boat and crew were acceptable, The dive conditions were defiantly subpar, 3+ ft swells and maybe 2 out of the 15 on board didn't throw-up.
I thought the trip was really expensive for the "dive experience" I had on that trip, like bad enough i wont be going back to the Yukon for a long while.
Thanks for reply. I think I probably dove 1/2 dozen time on Yukon, it's condition really dependes upon the weather of course. It's unfortunate you hit a rough weather day. I just book with Marrisa and it's not going to the Yukon but it's ok, I have not dove San Diego for a long time, hope weather will be nice on the day I visit.
I've done quite a bit of diving on the Marissa and highly recommend it. Lora (owner) & Chris (DM) are great. Conditions on the Yukon are definitely variable in terms of current, vis, etc.
- brett
15 hours ago, CADiver said:
Thanks for reply. I think I probably dove 1/2 dozen time on Yukon, it's condition really dependes upon the weather of course. It's unfortunate you hit a rough weather day. I just book with Marrisa and it's not going to the Yukon but it's ok, I have not dove San Diego for a long time, hope weather will be nice on the day I visit.
Yeah I completely understand that the weather can make or break a dive site but I'm starting to get the feeling the dive operators just want to get people into the water even if the conditions aren't great. This is not the first time I have had these kind of issues. Any ways I digress.
I have several "facebook" friends that dive with the Marissa what appears to be monthly if not more often and they are always sharing good times. Fingers crossed you have a good day and enjoy your time in San Diego.
20 minutes ago, Pistola55 said:
Awesome video. I really enjoyed the music.
The first trip back in April didn't make it with Marisa but did in the past weekend. The boat, the crew are very good, attention to details. This will be my San Diego to go to operator !