I'm interested to know, do people ever use Graduated Polarising filters when doing split level underwater and above the water shots as it seems an obvious way to level up the difference in exposure?
- 3Posts
- 3Replies
Read-only discussion
Graduated Polarising filter
-
-
6 hours ago, Simon Heron said:
I'm interested to know, do people ever use Graduated Polarising filters when doing split level underwater and above the water shots as it seems an obvious way to level up the difference in exposure?
Graduated ND filters? I think the issue is it will on the lens for the whole dive, plus if it's a screw on filter you are stuck with 50/50 split which you have to align with the air/water interface - screwing on the lens is probably the only practical option. You still need your strobes to illuminate the UW part to get the right colour temperature, though you may not need to stop down so much to balance the exposures.
-
Thanks all very sensible thinking!
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk