Skip to content

Beginner Forum / Archived topic

Advice on Camera

Started by dchillis ·

  • 4Posts
  • 4Replies

Read-only discussion

Advice on Camera

4 posts
  1. Advice on Camera

    I considering purchasing a Canon PS S500 and a underwater case WP DC800, has anyone had any expirance with this setup? Also can you link a strobe to this?

  2. Yes, I have and am using one. See

     

    http://lionfishd.tripod.com

     

    You can us the Inon 180ds or the new D2000. I also

    use the Inon fisheye lens. If you are about to purchase

    the camera I'd reccomed the Cannon Powershot A95

    instead (it takes AA batteries, and gives you control

    over shutter speed and apeture and manual focus, the

    S500 doesn't.) If you still really want the S500 for

    some other magical reason, make me an offer, and

    I'll buy the A95. :)

     

    Dan

     

    dan@computer.org

  3. I agree - the S500 is a better point and shoot topside camera and the A95 or the "S" models are better for underwater where manual control is required.

     

    James

  4. Thanks very much for your replies Dan and James, I have not yet bought a camera for UW so thanks for the heads up on the A95.

     

    DJH

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.