Hey guys
I'd welcome some advice on creating a "studio" in a swimming pool. I'm essentially looking to create either an "L"-shaped black or white backdrop where the model can pose on the lower, horizontal, leg of the "L".
I've had machined up a 2m x 2m length of fabric with a black side and a white side. It has pockets machined on two opposite sides through which I can insert PVC tubes. So I can two get opposite sides quite rigid. In trials I have been able to keep the horizontal sides of the backdrop rigid: the top end held by weights on the pool side, the bottom by weights on the pool floor. But I cannot get the cloth even reasonably rigid on the vertical sides. The billowing folds really show up on the images.
I was thinking of using two more PVC tubes vertically, cutting them near the pool floor and inserting some kind of angled joint which would allow for the L-shape.
But maybe there is a better way of doing this. Any thoughts out there?
Much appreciated!