Doing some DIY fiber optic cable connector adaption. Can't find a reference to the FO bulkhead thread size anywhere. It appears to be 11mm which is pretty non standard in metric world. I want to tap some fittings to use on D500 (and other) housings. Anybody know what it is?
Thanks in advance, Steve
According to the Nauticam D500 housing manual, the electrical bulkhead is an M16. Could you not swap that out? And there are two references to M14s too.
"Remove the M16 plug from the threaded hole with a coin."
Tim, I need to use existing fiber bulkheads as that is where light trigger exits the housing. Just messing around with some spare parts repairing various FO cables.
Thanks, Steve
ok, well good luck with it, Steve. Someone will know for sure!
You can place an Nauticam do sea and sea adapter and then use an Inon rubber bush or a sea and sea connector
Yes, I am aware of that but still want to 'know' what the "thread size" actually is. Thanks
I can not help you with that as I do not have access to a Nauticam housing.
if you can measure it with a Pachymeter and the a picture to the thread you are able to have your answer
4 hours ago, Eyematey said:
Yes, I am aware of that but still want to 'know' what the "thread size" actually is. Thanks
If you took it to a hardware store, wouldn't they be able to find a bolt that would screw in and that would give you the size?
It is safe to assume it's metric and you can look up dimensions of any metric thread and measure the thread ID or OD with calipers. For example if it is M11 the standard pitch is 1.5mm for metric coarse. Fine will be 1.0mm or 0.75mm. this provides dimensions of metric coarse thread:
working with the threaded hole ID or bolt OD you should be able to deduce the thread you have and with some magnification work out which pitch you have even with a ruler as the pitch will be one of only 1-3 dimensions for a given size.
17 hours ago, TimG said:
If you took it to a hardware store, wouldn't they be able to find a bolt that would screw in and that would give you the size?
That was the first thing I did. Here in the States 10mm and 12mm are common but 11mm is practically unheard of. Caliper has it at 10.75mm OD on male so I'm going with 11, thread probably 1.0 or .75mm, harder to determine.