Skip to content

Photography Gear and Technique / Archived topic

Sony A7RIII diving presets ?

Started by VOL ·

  • 2Posts
  • 2Replies

Read-only discussion

Sony A7RIII diving presets ?

2 posts
  1. Have any of you programmed all of the specific underwater settings so you can just switch into underwater mode at the press of a button before slipping the camera into the housing ? 
     

    If so - what are the settings ? 
     

    Thanks !

  2. Hi VOL,

    You can program *some* settings to the custom modes, but not all unfortunately – for instance, when I'm shooting wildlife I'm normally using back-button AF, switching to shutter AF for underwater wide angle, and I can't save that change (from memory) – or quite a few others – to a custom mode unfortunately. You could save *most* of the settings, identify the exceptions, and add those to your starred menu items so you can work through them systematically.

    I've written up my settings for the A7R III –

    Wide angle: https://www.naturetripper.com/articles/underwater-wide-angle-photography

    Macro: https://www.naturetripper.com/articles/underwater-macro-photography

    Everyone has different preferences of course, but hopefully useful.

    Best, Simon.

Aquatica

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.