Skip to content

Photography Gear and Technique / Archived topic

U/W housing for Fuji 6900 digicam

Started by jk ·

  • 14Posts
  • 14Replies

Read-only discussion

U/W housing for Fuji 6900 digicam

14 posts
  1. Has anyone found a housing that is designed for the Fuji 6900 digital camera.

    I have a Subal N80 housing that I use with a Nikon F801/N8008 but it is very large and heavy.

    I have actually managed to take photos using the 6900 in the Subal housing but would like to have more features available e.g ability to see LCD monitor, zoom, etc.

     

    I dive to 40m/130ft regularly so would need a housing that was 'safe' at this depth.

     

    Thanks

  2. I to am looking for a housing for my 4900Z. I e-mailed that site and didn't get a reply. Any help would be great.

     

    Gordon

  3. It may take a bit for them to get back to you. After all, they're in Japan. Once the time difference is taken into account, your message may still have to get translated. I wrote INON a while back and finally got a response about a week later -- answered all my questions, just took some time. Alternatively, you may have to go through one of the places that bring stuff in from Japan. Try:

     

    www.marscuba.com

    www.underwaterdigital.net

    www.japan-direct.com

     

    Maybe one of them can special order one for you. Or, if you have a friend that lives in Japan, maybe they can help out . . .

     

    Mike

  4. You might also try www.marinecamera.com. They import the housing for the 4800/6800. They might be able to get the one for the 4900/6900, too if you bribe them sufficiently :) .

     

    Mike

  5. I know what you are talking about it can take awhile but I sent him mail 3-4 weeks ago. Thanks for the links I will look their.

     

    Gordon :)

  6. Gordon,

     

    I undersatnd that you are looking for a housing for your Fuji Finepix 4900z. I can get this housing for you and my turn around time is really fast. Of course, that depends on the product availability. Please let me know if you are interested. Call me @ 215-635-2240 if you have any questions.

     

    Regards,

    Allan

  7. what sort of price range are we talking?

     

    Gordon

  8. Gordon,

     

    Give me a call

     

    Allan

  9. Got this reply from Zillion.

     

    Not good news.

    =======================

     

    Dear Dr. Knights,

     

    Thank you for your inquiry. Mr. Kojima of Zillion has asked me to reply.

     

    The Zillion housing for FinePix6900Z is available in Japan but is not

    available for export.

     

    The reasons are as follows:

    1) The housing is hand made (thermoformed) from acrylic sheets. Acrylic has

    low impact resistance.

    2) There is some chance that acrylic housings may be damaged in the course

    of heavy use, thereby requiring service/repair.

    3) Since the housing would need to be returned to Japan for service and then

    returned to user, at substantial cost just for the shipping fees, Zillion's

    policy is to not export the acrylic housings.

     

    Zillion is exporting the following models, which are made of polycarbonate,

    and much more durable:

    1) FpCute for FinePix 4500 and 40i

    2) FpBlitz for FinePix 4800z and 6800z

    3) FpBlitz for FinePix 50i

     

    At this time there is no designated dealer in the UK. We could ship

    you the polycarbonate models listed above if you have further interest.

     

    Best regards,

    -Mark Rupert

  10. Go this mail from 10Bar in HongKong.

    =============================

    Dear Jonathan,

     

    Thank you for your interest in our 10 Bar Underwater Housings.

    Please note that the design of the 10 Bar Underwater Housings is unique inthe market.  A

    special air lock system is used to give a even spreadof the external pressure on the o-ring

    thus provide a perfect seal andrequire no catch or clip.

     

    Please be advised that the Fuji 6900Z camera s not in our production list, but we can custom

    made the Fuji 6900z camera housingsfor you and should be ready within 3 weeks after

    confirmation of an order.  We could provide all essential functions that you need on the surface as

    well as underwater.You see and feel the same even underwater as our housing is transparent and

    the controls are mechanic.Our price is  US$880which includes the essential accessories such as

    red filter, lite bracket and carrying bag.

     

    Regards,

     

    Ada

    10 Bar Underwater Housings

    Unit B, 19-23 Ming Yuen Western St.,North Point, Hong Kong

    Tel.: (852) 2573 3228, 8200 0772Fax: (852) 2811 9180

    Web Page: http://www.10bar.com E-mail: service@10bar.com

  11. I too have a Finepix 6900z and have just come upon this thread. Has anyone had any experiance with either of these housings? I'm in Canada and I'm very interested in one.

  12. Hi - I started this thread as jk but have reregisterd as jknights.

     

    I have not had any success with getting a housing for my 6900.

Sea & Sea

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.