Hi,
I recently got scuba certified in mid August and am really enjoying it! I borrowed a friend's GoPro at the time as my first experience with UW photography but am now looking into getting a bit more serious in it. I'm already a fairly enthusiast photography normally (I shoot a Fuji X system) so have a good understanding of photography/photo equipment in general.
After doing some reading/research here, I've decided I'm going to start out with a compact system for UW, just to keep things simple, cost down, and lower weight for travel. I noticed there's a fairly active classified forum here, so was thinking of getting a housing used.
My main question here is what should I look out for/what questions should I ask a seller when buying a used housing? Anything particular I should be concerned about in terms of wear/tear or malfunctions? And how do I properly test it when I do receive to make sure everything works properly?
When doing research in UW housing, I've already read an important part of the housing are the O rings and making sure they're well maintained/lubed. What's the best way to maintain/maximize the longevity of the O ring? What's the best place to buy extras? And what lube do people recommend?
Thanks!