Skip to content

The Galley: General Chat / Archived topic

Ocean Reef Neptune II

Started by dchillis ·

  • 2Posts
  • 2Replies

Read-only discussion

Ocean Reef Neptune II

2 posts
  1. Ocean Reef Neptune II

    Has anyone tired out this full face mask. Whats your opioin on it? Is it worth the dollars? Is it easy to use? thanks dan

  2. Hi Dan,

     

    I bought one a couple of years ago because I teach diving to people with disabilities, some of whom have difficulties when it comes to holding a reg. I have tried the mask a few times myself and found it extremely easy to use. Connect a reg 1st stage, adjust the nose-clip and off you go !

     

    Underwater, the mask has positive pressure (which can be adjusted) so flooding it takes some effort. But this means you'll go through your air quicker. I also found that it pulled your face up quite a lot, which wasn't very comfortable, but apart from that, it's OK.

     

    If you're taking pictures, you might want to check that you can bring the viewfinder close enough to your eye. The mask is quite bulky and the regulator tends to be in the way.

     

    Full face masks are brilliant in cold water because your face is covered, but I'm not sure I would take the Neptune on a warm-water trip.

     

    I haven't tried comms or any other accessories, so I can't comment on that.

     

    Hope this helps.

     

    JP

Aquatica

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.