Skip to content

Beginner Forum / Archived topic

Scuba lessons start Wednesday!

Started by dchillis ·

  • 5Posts
  • 5Replies

Read-only discussion

Scuba lessons start Wednesday!

5 posts
  1. Scuba lessons start Wednesday!

    Wednesday is my first scuba lesson, after being a snorkel fanatic for a few years I've decieded to take the plunge. Taking my lessons at Sports Chalet (brand new facility with pool) its about 12 lessons 2 nights a week 3 hours a lesson with 2 ocean dives. Wow I didn't know it was so involved.

    Anyway I've been a avid photographer for years and just could get that many good shots while snorkeling and decieded to learn how to dive. I hope all goes well and I can be able to as many great shots as I've seen here on this forum.

  2. Not to discourage you, but I highly suggest concentrating on the more difficult parts of diving - primarily air and buoyancy - before you start involvement with a camera underwater...task loading goes up...

     

    ~Matt Segal

  3. I second the motion....keep the 10D on land until you've got your skills set up...not only will it be safer for you but for the environment....can't even count how many times I've seen a diver with poor skills just plow through and scrape the reef to get a shot of something...

     

    Stu

  4. Not to discourage you, but I highly suggest concentrating on the more difficult parts of diving - primarily air and buoyancy - before you start involvement with a camera underwater...task loading goes up...

     

    ~Matt Segal

     

    Oh no not discouraged at all. Im a really safe person and I will not do anything at all till I feel Im comfortable and safe. Thanks for the advice. Any and all welcome.

     

    DJH

  5. These guys are right. Underwater photograpy is a great thing to look forward to, and will certainly provide you with a new avenue of expression. As a SCUBA Instructor, I would tell you that you are always a Diver first and a Photographer (or anything else) second. Glad to hear that you are focused on being safe, and I look forward to seeing your work on this forum.

     

    Enjoy,

    Sieg

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.