Skip to content

Photography Gear and Technique / Archived topic

Which wet wide-angle lens with 14-42EZ in MFT Nauticam housing?

Started by turandot ·

  • 2Posts
  • 2Replies

Read-only discussion

Which wet wide-angle lens with 14-42EZ in MFT Nauticam housing?

2 posts
  1. I am planning to purchase a Nauticam underwater housing for a Olympus EM5 Mark III. I would like to keep some things from my current configuration, for example my fisheye FIX UWL-28M52 (with M52 to M67 adapter).

    - Can I use my FISHEYE FIX UWL-28M52 lens with M52 to M67 adapter with 14-42EZ lens and N85 Power Zoom Macro port 29 (36165)?
    - Can I use other options like Inon UWL-H100 28M67?

    Thank you for your advice.

  2. 4 hours ago, turandot said:

    I am planning to purchase a Nauticam underwater housing for a Olympus EM5 Mark III. I would like to keep some things from my current configuration, for example my fisheye FIX UWL-28M52 (with M52 to M67 adapter).

    - Can I use my FISHEYE FIX UWL-28M52 lens with M52 to M67 adapter with 14-42EZ lens and N85 Power Zoom Macro port 29 (36165)?
    - Can I use other options like Inon UWL-H100 28M67?

    Thank you for your advice.

    Reef photo notes it's not suitable for RX-100 due to large sensor size, though a review on the Bluewater site has some pics from an RX-100 that the purchaser was happy with.  You see the corners are a little soft and this will only get worse on the bigger m43 sensor.  But seeing as how you already have the lens it might be worthwhile trying it for the cost of a m52-67 adapter.  https://www.bluewaterphotostore.com/fix-wide-angle

    The INON lens seems to get reasonable reports but it's not a zoom through lens.  The WWL is of course the gold standard for image quality.  I don't know if you have the 14-42 EZ lens yet but the best lens for WWL is reckoned to be the Panasonic  f3.5-5.6II lens.

     

Keldan

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.