Skip to content

Trip Reports and Travel / Archived topic

Cancun

Started by pooley ·

  • 3Posts
  • 3Replies

Read-only discussion

Cancun

3 posts
  1. Hi, 

    A last minute change holidays means I'm off to Cancun lateNovember / early  December. I've been  a  couple  of times  but always for 'occasions' like weddings so  never dived   seriously there, let alone taken my camera gear.

    I believe the  area is heading towards bull shark  season but does  anyone else have any  suggestions on locations ( I  can get to Cozumel on day trips)  and more  importantly  photographer friendly diver  operators

    Thanks in advance

    Mike 

  2. I am not into Bull Shark dives so I have never dived in Cancun.  I would definitely look at taking the ferry over to Cozumel, but also I seem to recall the diving was not too bad down in Puerto Aventuras, South of Cancun.  But that was a long time ago.

    You could also look into doing some Cenote dives on the mainland if you like those or have not tried them.

     I don't have any specifically photo-oriented dive ops to suggest but for Cozumel you would probably like Jeremy at Living Underwater or Tres Pelicanos.

     

    Hope this helps

     

  3. 8 hours ago, Draq said:

    I am not into Bull Shark dives so I have never dived in Cancun.  I would definitely look at taking the ferry over to Cozumel, but also I seem to recall the diving was not too bad down in Puerto Aventuras, South of Cancun.  But that was a long time ago.

    You could also look into doing some Cenote dives on the mainland if you like those or have not tried them.

     I don't have any specifically photo-oriented dive ops to suggest but for Cozumel you would probably like Jeremy at Living Underwater or Tres Pelicanos.

     

    Hope this helps

     

    Cheers Draq,

    I'll  contact  the above people and see what they can offer. I'm planning on going over to Cozumel a couple of times so if there is someone happy to take a slow moving photographer then the will be a big bonus!

    thanks again

    Mike

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.