Skip to content

Photography Gear and Technique / Archived topic

semi dome vs flat port??

Started by Dann-Oh ·

  • 3Posts
  • 3Replies

Read-only discussion

semi dome vs flat port??

3 posts
  1. Hey all I have the Olympus EPL10 inside the AOI housing. I am using the Panasonic 8mm fisheye behind the AOI DLP-06 (Acrylic Dome Port) and the Olympus 60mm macro behind the AOI FLP-06 (flat port) and AOI 34mm Extension Ring.

    I am wondering what would change when of trying out the AOI DLP-04P (Acrylic Semi-Dome Port) for the 60mm macro? Does the semi-dome offer a slightly wider field of view? Does anyone have an image comparison between a flat port and a semi-dome port they could share?

  2. I used the 60mm lens behind the semidome port from Nauticam and was very happy to increase FOV and get also great image quality!

    The flat port will generally give you 25% less FOV.

    Andrea

  3. 3 hours ago, nudibranco said:

    I used the 60mm lens behind the semidome port from Nauticam and was very happy to increase FOV and get also great image quality!

    The flat port will generally give you 25% less FOV.

    Andrea

    Do you by chance have any images that you could share comparing the two ports?

WaterPixels Store

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.