Skip to content

The Galley: General Chat / Archived topic

Anyone going to Cozumel in November?

Started by sinetwo ·

  • 7Posts
  • 7Replies

Read-only discussion

Anyone going to Cozumel in November?

7 posts
  1. Hey folks, anyone going to Cozumel in November and want to tag on for photo/blackwater dives? 

  2. UPDATE:There's a few of us going, I'm staying for the duration but my other buddies are joining on/off. In addition we should have enough to do blackwater dives, please let me know if you're interested in joining :) 

  3. On 10/31/2021 at 6:26 AM, sinetwo said:

    UPDATE:There's a few of us going, I'm staying for the duration but my other buddies are joining on/off. In addition we should have enough to do blackwater dives, please let me know if you're interested in joining :) 

    Too late now, but I am interested in the details, particularly travel-related.  I love diving Cozumel but haven't been in years.  Used to be able to fly direct to Cozumel (from Tucson, I think).  But then we lost that flight and it was a matter of flying to Cancun, getting a taxi to Playa Del Carmen, taking a ferry to Cozumel and then another taxi.  And the reverse when you leave.  With the amount of gear I have to haul it's a real pain to consider.

  4. @phxazcraig I'll be there 12-30th. Accommodation is best had in Centra via Airbnb (very affordable). Apart from that I'm diving with Aldora and Ocean Nomads (the latter for photography).

     

    I've got 1 suitcase 1 backpack and 1 roller. I'm going from cancun to pdc and then to Cozumel. Its not too terrible with the 3 pieces I think. 

  5. On 11/9/2021 at 4:22 PM, sinetwo said:

    @phxazcraig I'll be there 12-30th. Accommodation is best had in Centra via Airbnb (very affordable). Apart from that I'm diving with Aldora and Ocean Nomads (the latter for photography).

     

    I've got 1 suitcase 1 backpack and 1 roller. I'm going from cancun to pdc and then to Cozumel. Its not too terrible with the 3 pieces I think. 

    For me it would be tougher, because I don't have the backpack.  I have two suitcases, plus a roller, plus a waist bag.   I normally just have to shlep the bags in/out of a car at the airport once in each direction.   More than that gets challenging. If only I had a 3rd arm.  Or that photo roller bag had backpack straps...

  6. 23 hours ago, phxazcraig said:

    For me it would be tougher, because I don't have the backpack.  I have two suitcases, plus a roller, plus a waist bag.   I normally just have to shlep the bags in/out of a car at the airport once in each direction.   More than that gets challenging. If only I had a 3rd arm.  Or that photo roller bag had backpack straps...

    The think tank street walkee/roller v2.0 is great! I used it on this trip 

  7. We used to have a flight from Atlanta straight into Cozumel on Delta, but they discontinued that flight during COVID, and we haven't been since because just don't want to deal with all the drama of baggage and Cancun. Miss diving in Cozumel. 

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.