Skip to content

Photography Gear and Technique / Archived topic

What Sony Camera?

Started by NWDiver ·

  • 5Posts
  • 5Replies

Read-only discussion

What Sony Camera?

5 posts
  1. Trusty Sony A7RII was damaged beyond repair.  Shoot mainly sports and landscapes.  70% stills, 30% Video.  Strictly hobby.  Do travel a fair amount.  Currently shooting RX100V in Nauticam housing, so mainly a dryland camera.  Can't rationalize a +$4500 camera.  All Sony lenses.  Do shoot in a lot of low light situations.  Any opinions????

    Edited by NWDiver
  2. Since you have FF lenses, but travel a lot, I'd look at the Sony a7C. 

     

    FF sensor in a APS-C size body.

    Edited by Lewis88
  3. You may want to take a look at the $2500.00 33MP A7 IV coming soon or the less expensive A7C which uses a smaller and cheaper housing with FF 24MP image quality that will blow past both RX100V and AF that will blow away the A7R II.

    247703765_263251459146468_451225023076009091_n.jpg

    246958836_263251462479801_8458198396046177972_n.jpg

    Edited by Phil Rudin
  4. 1 hour ago, Phil Rudin said:

    ... smaller and cheaper housing ...

    I might use "less expensive". ;-)

  5. Thanks for info!  Nice chart, very handy.  So true, nothing about mixing high end electronics and saltwater is cheap, lol.   I once housed my Sony A7 but not sure if I will do that ever again.  So nice not having to pack a separate case for the "Super Dome".  Only times I really missed a full frame camera underwater was shooting natural light humpback shots and of course over/unders.   

    For awhile I had the Sony A7s and loved the low light video out of it.  Will have to read the reviews but wonder if any of the new cameras are on par with the older A7s with low light video?

Isotta

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.