Skip to content

Photography Gear and Technique / Archived topic

underwater tripod - gorilla pod size

Started by Dann-Oh ·

  • 2Posts
  • 2Replies

Read-only discussion

underwater tripod - gorilla pod size

2 posts
  1. Im looking to add a gorilla pod to  my underwater kit (Olympus EPL10 and Backscatter MF1 strobes). I am wondering what size gorilla pod you guys use? The Gorilla pod comes in a 1kg, 3kg , and a 5kg weight limit. I am thinking about getting the 3kg just incase I decide to use it above water, what do you guys think?

  2. I had this discussion a while back: 

    View archived post in: Anyone using a JOBY Gorilla Pod?

    TLDR; if going gorillapod, get the plastic ones, the rubber compound is better and more durable than the aluminum gorillapod. But I think the strobe arms attached to the bottom of the tray as tripod legs are a better solution, more durable, easier to maintain. Weight limit isn't a big issue underwater due to buoyancy.

    I think the 3kg gorilla pod has a plastic version (non-Pro model) go with that one.

    Edited by Pomacentridae
Scuba.com

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.