Skip to content

Photography Gear and Technique / Archived topic

Tokina 10-17mm with Canon 5D MkIV

Started by jakercaker4 ·

  • 2Posts
  • 2Replies

Read-only discussion

Tokina 10-17mm with Canon 5D MkIV

2 posts
  1. I've been using the tokina 10-17mm lens on a canon 5D MkIV with the 5509.28 Zoom Gear. During my dive the zoom gear tends to 'slip' off of the lens making it so I'm no longer able to zoom. Also when I shoot at 10mm I end up getting a lot of the 75340 Dome Port in my shot. I'm wondering if anyone has had these problems/if anyone knows any solutions.

  2. The 10-17mm is strictly speaking an APS-C format lens but it will still fit and work on a full frame body - you are pushing out twards 180° full frame fisheye at 10mm and 15mm will be more or less a 180° diagonal fisheye that fills the full frame sensor.  I suspect you really need to remove the hood for use at 10mm - by virtue of the focal length any hood petals will appear in frame I think.  I would also guess that at anything much less than 15mm you would not get full coverage of the sensor - kind of like what happens with the Canon 8-15 between the extremes of 8 and 15mm.

    I found this note on using the zoom ring on the Tokina 10-17mm.  It's for a 5509.31 which appears to have the same zoom ring clamp but a different zoom gear for smaller housings.  It has some specific notes for setting up on the 10-17mm lens.  https://www.ikelite.com/blogs/product-tutorials/using-the-tokina-10-17mm-fisheye-sony-aps-c-mirrorless-and-dlm-a-port-mount

     

Retra

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.