Skip to content

Photography Gear and Technique / Archived topic

The SUPE D MAX strobes

Started by diggy ·

  • 6Posts
  • 6Replies

Read-only discussion

The SUPE D MAX strobes

6 posts
  1. I recently used these strobes on a trip to the Maldives. This is in no way a professional review, but I was v happy with the strobes. 

    The luxury of not worrying on recycle time at around half power was something that my earlier strobes would not allow. Also they would last for over 3 dives easy and recharging time was within 3 hours. They are heavy for travel though. A single battery to charge also helped. Each single battery has 4 18650 rechargeable cells. One could shoot a series of images which had dynamic action scenes that were changing every second.

    I still felt that the diffusers should be more matte than they are currently as the light in my personal opinion was a little harsh and the diffusers, though helped, could have been made to render softer light. 

    Am attaching some images that I took with these strobes.

    Due to limitations on upload will add below this topic.

    Diggy

    IMG_8012.jpg

    IMG_8049.jpg

    IMG_8039.jpg

    IMG_8037.jpg

  2. IMG_8057.jpg

    IMG_8056.jpg

    IMG_8070.jpg

    IMG_8069.jpg

    IMG_8061.jpg

  3. IMG_8075.jpg

    IMG_8086.jpg

    IMG_8108.jpg

    IMG_8083.jpg

  4. Final few

    CANON_Canon EOS 7D_3189882-3234188_072.jpg

    CANON_Canon EOS 7D_16824378-16866178_321.jpg

    IMG_9956.jpg

    IMG_0030.jpg

  5. Thanks,

    Yes had gone through that review. Although I have not tried the Retras (and I do believe they are fantastic) am honestly happy to have moved to these from my old solid and faithful Z240's. Still have them. These are powerful enough though, definitely more than the 240's. I am now looking to make some diffusers for these that may render softer light.

    Diggy

     

    Edited by diggy
Sea & Sea

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.