Skip to content

Photo / Video Showcase / Archived topic

Nice dive site in Roatan

Started by phxazcraig ·

  • 5Posts
  • 5Replies

Read-only discussion

Nice dive site in Roatan

5 posts
  1. No special critters or unusual conditions.   This is just a nice section of a nice dive in Roatan off of Oak Ridge.   I'm following the divemaster (David Valerio of the Reef House Resort) along the top of the wall.  I love dive sites like this.   Plenty to see and lots of places to poke around.

     

  2. Some really nice corals. But is it me, or this there very little marine life? A couple of blueheaded wrasse seemed about it.

  3. Seems typical for the times I've been there, yearly since 2014.  There are schools of fish that come along, some very large. (Creole wrasse especially).  Lots of smaller fish.  Lionfish probably have changed the seascape from 20 years ago.

    But there is tremendous variety to be found. I see something new on almost every dive there, and I've dove there 170 times or so.

  4. Holy shit Roatan looks gorgeous! I need to make it there

  5. On 12/2/2021 at 2:26 PM, shakuiel said:

    Holy shit Roatan looks gorgeous! I need to make it there

    I go back every year (except 2020) and stay at the same place (for the divemaster, mostly).  I avoid West End/West Bay as those sites are heavily dived and damaged.   I go to Oak Ridge and stay at the Reef House Resort.   (Few amenities, but great people and the best dive sites.)   If you go in the month of September you'll often have the dive boat to yourself as that is their down month. I'm often the only guest at the resort for the last week of September and first week of October.

Aquatica

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.