Skip to content

Classifieds / Archived topic

FS: Retra Flash Prime

Started by Walt Stearns ·

  • 6Posts
  • 6Replies

Read-only discussion

FS: Retra Flash Prime

6 posts
  1. This is still a new, still in the box Retra Prime model underwater flash. I purchased four of these strobes last year looking to keep one in reserve in the event one of my three primary work strobes should fail. I really like these strobes and have gone as far as write a review on them (https://underwaterjournal.com/2020/11/16/retra-prime-underwater-strobe/), but I have discovered that the three of these strobes is really all that I need.

    This Retra Prime is essentially a new strobe, as it has never been removed for the box in came in. On the outside, the only thing different between the Prime and even newer Prime X is the labeling around the mode switch changing from U1 and U2 to HSS and U as it is now on the Prime X. On the Prime, both the U1 and U2 setting can be set to HSS setting.

    Internally, the differences between the Prime and Prime X models are a little bit more questionable in that the newer Prime X model features up to 25% faster recycle times and up to 20% more flashes per battery charge. Beyond that, it’s the same underwater flash.

    My selling price is $875 which includes free shipping in the US.

    Retra Prime_01.jpg

  2. If anyone is looking for a second Retra Prime to pair with what Walt has to offer, I have one for sale too. I've not yet listed it on the Classifieds. Same reasons for sale as Walt. 

    Please shop with Walt first and if you then want a second one, give me a shout.  

    I don't have the box here with me in Sint Maarten but do have the spare o-rings and lubricant. Plus a few accessories....... 

    [Walt: I promise I'm not stealing your potential sale - only, I hope, making it more attractive if someone really wants a pair of matching strobes]

     

     

  3. Quite alright Tim. Chances are whoever is looking to buy mine is either looking to pick up a third strobe as a spare, or buy a set, which is where you come.

     

  4. 20 minutes ago, Walt Stearns said:

    Quite alright Tim. Chances are whoever is looking to buy mine is either looking to pick up a third strobe as a spare, or buy a set, which is where you come.

     

    :good:Thanks, Walt. Yep, just how I saw it.

  5. Dropped price to $825.00

  6. Strobe has been sold.

     

Keldan

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.