In anticipation to my dive trip to Bonaire in 2 weeks and at the advice of a fellow photographer, I purchased the Kraken KRL-09S Wide Angle Conversion Lens. This lens is made to go on 60mm macro lenses and convert the angle of view from 39 degrees to 154 degrees (on a full frame camera). It can be mounted on a flip adapter and in same dive, you can shoot both macro and wide angle.
I am curious if anybody has been using it and can share any thoughts or tips, before I find out things by myself in a short while :).
Thanks so much.
I've asked a few people who tested one for shops and the main thing that I got from the test images they shot was that while for me, aperture has always been a bit of a set and forget setting in UW-photography, that is not the case with the conversion lens, as the DoF seemed to vary wildly.
I'm still very curious about that lens, so I'd be very happy if you could share some of your results. Are you using it on FF with a 60mm or on a crop sensor camera?
I have one and shoot it with the nikon 60mm on full frame. For best results, I'd say f10-f14 on full frame is generally where I shoot it at. I quite enjoy it. It'll focus right onto the lens and I find because it sticks out a bit from the housing because its attached to the front of a macro port it makes it easy to light subjects right on the front element. A few examples below. Please don't judge IQ from these, they're downsized and there is a lot of compression
Thank you. Some strong images and completely different to the ones I've seen so far with the lens.