Skip to content

Photo / Video Showcase / Archived topic

Los jardines de la penumbra

Started by Davide DB ·

  • 7Posts
  • 7Replies

Read-only discussion

Los jardines de la penumbra

7 posts
  1. There are so few video enthusiast users left here that I can't help but point out a beautiful documentary by an old friend of WetPixel.

    Rafa Herrero was a regular user of this forum years ago. Although he hasn't posted here for a long time, I have always followed his beautiful video projects on the Macaronesia archipelago. A path all focused on the documentation and enhancement of the sea where he lives. 
    Rafa has recently published a new documentary on the twilight zone in the Canary Islands with a very simple structure; a scientific documentary with a wink to tourism in the Canary Islands.
    What to say? Rafa's images are nothing short of exceptional and render very well the beauty of the deep sea ecosystems of these islands. 

    I'm sure fans of tropical environments won't be disappointed either.

     

     

     

     

  2. Beautiful video! I definitely need to get a rebreather :P

  3. This is great, thanks so much for posting!  I remember Rafa's videos very well - On the one hand i wanted to try to do even a fraction as well, but on the other hand I knew I could never get there.  This one is just as beautiful as always. 

  4. Macro footage at depth is simply amazing 

  5. What a great video, working a camera at those depths is not easy. Stretched my Spanish to breaking point!

  6. Throughly enjoyed watching this whole video. Thanks for sharing. The lighting is just amazing. 

  7. Thanks a lot for posting this, Davide. It's been 20 years since my last Spanish lesson, and I'm a shallow water diver... but I still found the movie totally captivating. Watched it right through non-stop. Incredibly beautiful. Yeah, Rafa's totally in another league, I agree with troporobo's comment.

    Cheers,

    Matt

    [video enthusiast ;-) ]

Scuba.com

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.