Skip to content

Photography Gear and Technique / Archived topic

YS-D1 Continuously Fires

Started by RVbldr ·

  • 3Posts
  • 3Replies

Read-only discussion

YS-D1 Continuously Fires

3 posts
  1. I have an older YS-D1 that decided to continuously fire, even when disconnected. It's set on single trigger (and fires in TTL and double flash), I've pulled batteries and allowed to sit, but once powered up, it will start continuously firing. One dive day into a 2 week holiday in HI, ugh. I'm guessing the internal trigger is malfunctioning? Wasn't sure if there was a way to re-set it through pin jumpers. 

  2. 3 hours ago, RVbldr said:

    I have an older YS-D1 that decided to continuously fire, even when disconnected. It's set on single trigger (and fires in TTL and double flash), I've pulled batteries and allowed to sit, but once powered up, it will start continuously firing. One dive day into a 2 week holiday in HI, ugh. I'm guessing the internal trigger is malfunctioning? Wasn't sure if there was a way to re-set it through pin jumpers. 

    Assuming you are triggering by fibre optics - one thing to try would be to remove the wired sync connector cap to check the o-ring is still good - if salt water gets in there it can short out the connectors.  If that's dry it must be internal to the strobe and quite possibly terminal. 

  3. Thanks Chris, yes, I checked that as well and it seemed to be dry inside. 

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.