Hey. I'm pretty new to shooting water surf photography and am looking for some recommendations on fins. I purchased some Yucca fins a few months ago but continue to get blisters even with fin socks. Does anyone have fins they love and use without wearing down your ankles for long sessions?
Shooting Technique, Workflow and Editing / Archived topic
Surf Photography Fins
Started by Austin Fruits ·
- 3Posts
- 3Replies
Read-only discussion
Surf Photography Fins
-
-
3 hours ago, Austin Fruits said:
Hey. I'm pretty new to shooting water surf photography and am looking for some recommendations on fins. I purchased some Yucca fins a few months ago but continue to get blisters even with fin socks. Does anyone have fins they love and use without wearing down your ankles for long sessions?
You could try a pair of light weight booties instead of fin socks - the fins you mention seem to have just a plain rounded foot pocket so if your foot is not standard size may move around in the pocket which could be the cause of your problems - do they seem to fit well?
-
I used to use Viper fins (http://www.viperfins.com/) when I was an avid bodyboarder and bodysurfer. Look into the V7, they might be just what your looking for.