Skip to content

The Galley: General Chat / Archived topic

Sony a7r4 with Nauticam WWL-C

Started by TmxDiver ·

  • 2Posts
  • 2Replies

Read-only discussion

Sony a7r4 with Nauticam WWL-C

2 posts
  1. I recently noticed that the Nauticam port charts include an option for the a7r4 with the WWL-C and a 24mm prime (instead of the WWL-1/B). Either the native Sony 24mm or the  Sigma.

    I’ve been using my a6400 with the WWL-C and I’m considering upgrading my system.

    I was seriously considering the a7c but since I already own a Sony a7r4 (but only for land use at this point), I was thinking I could pick up a used r4 housing and preserve my investment in the WWL-C. I would lose some of the zoom-through capability of the wet lens, but almost all of my photos are wreck / wide angle. 

    Has anybody (Phil Ruden?) tried this combo or have any thoughts?

    It wouldn’t be quite as compact as the a6400 or a7c, but it would be a full frame monster pixel option without the need to travel with a huge dome port and would allow me to use my existing wet lens. 

    Brett

     

     

     

  2. Hi Brett, I have recently acquired the new small Sony FE 24mm F/2.8 G lens which works at the full 130 degrees with the WWL-C. I have not had a chance to test this combination but intend to do so in the 2022. I am a fan of the 28-60 and WWL-1B but understand wanting to be able to use what you already own. I am guessing the N-100 flat port 23 required for the lens should also work with the same sized 40 & 50mm lenses as well.

    If you decide to go with the A7C MP me I have a housing I will be putting up for sale.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.