Skip to content

Photography Gear and Technique / Archived topic

DIY Nauticam focus gear

Started by Miru ·

  • 3Posts
  • 3Replies

Read-only discussion

DIY Nauticam focus gear

3 posts
  1. Hello, I saw some people saying they can make DIY zoom & focus gear with 3D printer..

    I wish I can bring some manual lens underwater, which nauticam has no interests.

    currently using a7s3 nauticam, does anybody know the solutions? 

    or does anybody know company or people who can do the work?

    Thank you 

    Miru 

  2. There you go:

    https://www.thingiverse.com/search?q=nauticam&type=things&sort=relevant

     

    I am sure if you search other 3d printing sites you can find even more :)

    Also, there is at least one shop out there that also sells 3d printed zoom gear for various lenses, including ones not supported by Nauticam Prices are rather decent. Bought from them years ago and quality wise was pretty ok.

    https://www.deepshots.co.uk/

     

    Also i swear i saw similar topic years ago, here on Wetpixel, with some people posting their designs, so perhaps a search function can help you.

  3. Not hard to design yourself, even without prior knowledge. I made a few for my lenses because I refuse to pay 200€ for a simple gear. There are different ways to design them and obviously if you want to make them as a simple gear that's held by friction tolerances are fairly tight. If you create some kind of locking mechanism (similar to the two part nauticam design) it is easier. If you don't want to do the legwork yourself, I'm sure you could find someone to design it for you too.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.