When is it appropriate to use fast shutter speeds with a strobe?
For most of my wideangle shots, I meter the background blue and set my f-stop and shutterspeed. At the Flowergardens at 70' that is usually around f5.6 at 1/90th to get a good blue. Then I use my strobes to light the foreground for a good exposure.
For Macro, I shoot at the highest fstop I can get away with to maximize DOF - usually f22 or maybe f16. Then I set the shutterspeed at 1/60th or 1/90th and put the strobes in TTL.
I'm thinking I'll get better shots at the max sync speed of the camera which is 1/125th for the S2. But that is 1 stop faster that 1/60th so I will have to open up the aperture one more stop to get the same exposure (wideangle) or my strobes will have to put out one more stop. I hope they can - we'll see.
Is there any advantage/reason to want to shoot faster than 1/125th? When would one want to do that?
Cheers
James Wiseman