Skip to content

Photography Gear and Technique / Archived topic

Discontinued Sea&Sea dome port options

Started by sailingshipp ·

  • 3Posts
  • 3Replies

Read-only discussion

Discontinued Sea&Sea dome port options

3 posts
  1. I'd like a bit of advice from any Sea&sea rig owners who either have an old port chart (or better still experience) of the Sea&Sea Dome port 240 please. I'm looking to upgrade my trusty NX compact dome port to claim back a bit of corner sharpness when i'm using my Canon 8-15 and 16-35 f4 lenses. Sea&Sea only show their current models on their website port chart so I can't get a grip on which extension rings i'd need and other issues like using the focus ring as a zoom knob etc. I appreciate the company is going through some changes right now so my emails aren't going to be their highest priority. 

    If anyone has any advice on this it would be gratefully received (and so would a second hand universal dome port AR come to think of it...)

    Cheers

    Dan 

  2. 3 hours ago, sailingshipp said:

    I'd like a bit of advice from any Sea&sea rig owners who either have an old port chart (or better still experience) of the Sea&Sea Dome port 240 please. I'm looking to upgrade my trusty NX compact dome port to claim back a bit of corner sharpness when i'm using my Canon 8-15 and 16-35 f4 lenses. Sea&Sea only show their current models on their website port chart so I can't get a grip on which extension rings i'd need and other issues like using the focus ring as a zoom knob etc. I appreciate the company is going through some changes right now so my emails aren't going to be their highest priority. 

    If anyone has any advice on this it would be gratefully received (and so would a second hand universal dome port AR come to think of it...)

    Cheers

    Dan 

    Use the web archive, here's a port chart from 2013:

    https://web.archive.org/web/20130728100409/http://www.seaandsea.jp/products/system_chart/mdx_nikon.html

    you can get other versions by clicking on the dates it was crawled here:

    https://web.archive.org/web/20171001000000*/https://www.seaandsea.jp/products/system_chart/mdx_nikon.html

    These are for Nikon, just copy the current Sea & Sea URL into the search bar to find other systems port charts. It does seem that for the most part the 240 dome port uses the same extension as the NX compact dome port.

  3. Hi Chris, that's exactly what i'm after, thanks. Yes the 240 dome does seem to have the same recommendations as the NX compact dome port, which all in all is handy for me and my current collection of port extensions. 

    Cheers

    Dan

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.