Skip to content

Photo / Video Showcase / Archived topic

Five Days In Sipidan... Alone!

Started by demonboy ·

  • 3Posts
  • 3Replies

Read-only discussion

Five Days In Sipidan... Alone!

3 posts
  1. Hi,

    We are 'fortunate' to be stuck in Malaysia where international borders are still closed. At the end of last year state borders were just starting to open and the tourism industry was trying to attract business, so we snapped at a 30% discount on a five day stay at Sipidan Kapalai Dive Resort. It accomodates over 100 guests... and we were the only people there! This meant we had all the dive spots to ourselves, including two days at Sipidan. Scores of green humphead parrotfish swam past undisturbed and there was no one else to kick up backscatter in Turtle Tomb. I managed to slip in 20 dives and this is our vlog episode of our time there, published today. It ends with a two minute montage of my favourite stills, mainly macro.

    UW video shot on Olympus TG6 and GoPro Hero 10. All other vlogging done on the Hero 9 (I normally use a GH5 but I was travelling light). Hero 10 shot in flat profile Protune (sometimes with red filter). Olympus shot in 4K standard with stabilisation off. 2x Nitecore video lights and Inon macro strobe.

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RkCTXaAfJY8

    (Can't work out how to embed video, sorry)

    PA301033-Enhanced.jpg

    PA290619-Enhanced.jpg

    PA280368-Enhanced.jpg

    Edited by demonboy
  2. Incredible captures!!! Love that shrimp!

  3. As I scrolled down I thought ... "I bet there's a humphead/bumphead parrotfish" and there it was. I like the way you could hear them coming by the cracking sound.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.