Skip to content

Photography Gear and Technique / Archived topic

Pricing Aquatica Housings

Started by Ronk ·

  • 8Posts
  • 8Replies

Read-only discussion

Pricing Aquatica Housings

8 posts
  1. Can anyone give me some guidance on pricing an Aquatica 5D II and 5DIII housing? Both in excellent condition.

    Thanks!

  2. Your best sources might be Bluewater, Reef Photo and Backscatter, top suppliers.
    My inclination would be to consider the Isotta, Sea&Sea and Marelux housings,
    and for a really well engineered and durable housing,  Subal is my choice.

     

     

  3. I think the question was how you would price used 5DII and 5DIII aquatica housings. 

  4. Typically used housings go for 50-60% of the purchase price - if you can find a buyer.  They are worth precisely what someone is prepared to pay for them.

  5. The older the camera, the less the housing goes for. A 2012 release camera like the 5dmkIII will probably not get 50%, but as @ChrisRosssaid, it is worth precisely what someone is willing to pay, so just put up an offer of what you want and see if someone bites. Might have to lower the price if no one shows any interest.

  6. It’s worth taking a look at the Classifieds to see the sort of asking price people are seeking for a used housing to give you a broad guide. As the guys say, it depends what someone is willing to pay! If you are patient and in no rush you can indeed start a bit higher and always reduce it. 

    My experience is that I’d have been delighted to get to Chris’ 50%-60%. I’ve sold 5 Subal housings over the last 20 years and around 40% of the new price was generally where I reached. And these housings were in perfect condition, boxed etc. Maybe Subal isn’t the most sort after but they are top of the line. 

  7. 1 hour ago, TimG said:

    It’s worth taking a look at the Classifieds to see the sort of asking price people are seeking for a used housing to give you a broad guide. As the guys say, it depends what someone is willing to pay! If you are patient and in no rush you can indeed start a bit higher and always reduce it. 

    My experience is that I’d have been delighted to get to Chris’ 50%-60%. I’ve sold 5 Subal housings over the last 20 years and around 40% of the new price was generally where I reached. And these housings were in perfect condition, boxed etc. Maybe Subal isn’t the most sort after but they are top of the line. 

    I kind of feel the lower the new price the more likely you are to get a bigger percentage of that.  Anything less than really decent condition attracts a significant discount if you can find a buyer at all.

  8. Such sad speeches!

    Many times it is really difficult to sell a used housing even at 40% of the original price.

    The big difficulty is that many people are looking for a complete kit while those who sell, if they remain loyal to the brand of the camera, are unlikely to sell lenses and ports.

    If I would sell my gh5 housing I would never sell my WWL1...

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.