Skip to content

The Galley: General Chat / Archived topic

Stalled

Started by Glynn Phillips ·

  • 4Posts
  • 4Replies

Read-only discussion

Stalled

4 posts
  1. I dive and take photos rather than dive to take photos. So this may well be the answer…. I shoot with an Olympus EPL5 in a Olympus housing 2 x sea and sea ysd1’s. I get get good for me anyway, but always feel I’m just not quite getting what I was planning ? Ideas tips gratefully received

    E7478907-A8BB-4D77-ACD3-6ED013149769.jpeg

    2D2EF26B-C76D-4D33-80D0-CF8BFD57CE8E.jpeg

    CF52A69D-E28A-4BFF-872B-1A3C552B2055.jpeg

  2. Your pictures are great!

    I'm not sure what sort of feedback you are seeking, but as image 3 shows, I would suggest that you seem to be seeking more creative ideas?

    The best way to improve and enhance our photography is to dive with other photographers (ideally ones that are more experienced than us!)

    As you point out, focusingh (excuse the pun) on photography, rather than it being a byproduct of being underwater, will also pay dividends.

  3. I realise what you said Adam was the most obvious and logical expected answer. I suppose I was hoping for I do the same have you tried this or that.

  4. I think the best way to get ideas is to look at lots and lots and lots of photos and not all of them underwater. Look at a particular shot you like (or would like to emulate) then play around on your kitchen table or backyard to see how to get the idea across on land. Look at creative photography sites a lot and you will find that they might give you an idea or two. Similarly look at UW photo competitions and seek out the different and that might give you an idea as well.

    Bill

     

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.