Skip to content

Photography Gear and Technique / Archived topic

Nexus Macro Lens - opportunistic shopping

Started by horvendile ·

  • 3Posts
  • 3Replies

Read-only discussion

Nexus Macro Lens - opportunistic shopping

3 posts
  1. Hi! While browsing for a extension ring at my go-to underwater photo shop I stumbled over a Nexus macro lens for Sea&Sea:

    https://exposureunderwater.com/product.html/pre-used-nexus-lens-for-seasea?category_id=389

    I should think it's the NCL-90 from this page:

    https://www.nexusamerica.com/products/Nexus/SuperMacro.html

    It seems to give a small increase to magnification, for not that much money.
    A quick search in the forums gives a positive opinion but from 2008. Does anyone have an updated view? 

    Honestly I haven't checked yet whether it will fit on my macro port(s), I'll get to that when I come home from work.

  2. I had a look at their web page and came away more confused - it seems the 90mm size fits their 105mm port and might refer to port diameter.  These seem like the woodies mentioned in the wetpixel live episode on closeup lenses.  Revolutionary at the time I think they said , but much better stuff came out later.  It looks like a simple single element lens or perhaps it's a doublet? 

  3. 7 hours ago, ChrisRoss said:

    I had a look at their web page and came away more confused - it seems the 90mm size fits their 105mm port and might refer to port diameter.  These seem like the woodies mentioned in the wetpixel live episode on closeup lenses.  Revolutionary at the time I think they said , but much better stuff came out later.  It looks like a simple single element lens or perhaps it's a doublet? 

    Yeah, it's port diameter. I'll see if I can find the closeup episode!
    Edit: found it! Will look when I can.

     

    Edit 2: I like that the autocaption writes "nauticam" as "naughty camp".

    Edited by horvendile

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.