Hello everyone!
After 6 years the time has come to upgrade my setup from compact to aps-c or higher. My current setup is :
rx100m4 in sony housing + inon uwl100+ subsee+10 and noname 10k lumen video lights.
- I love the flexibility because I like to explore and shoot what I find. I mostly use wide angle, but having the ability to switch to macro is awesome. I mostly shoot in the Mediterranean sea or german lakes.
- Since I do most of my photography while freediving I move a lot and try to stay as compact as possible.
-my budget is 3000€. No nauticam for me.
-my biggest complains about my current setup are: noisy images in lowlight or very low contrast situations, low dynamic range (I love to have some light rays or watersurface on my wide shots), the fact that my wide lens cant really do over/under-shots
I have been reading and researching for weeks now. Coming from compact cam to interchangeble-lens cams is a lot to take in.
I have narrowed it down to buying an A6600 16-50mm, an A7C 28-60mm or a GH-5 12-60mm and a seafrog housing.
Do you guys think I can make the FF cam work or would the necessary optics be out of my budget?
Do any of you use one of these cams in seafrog housings? Did you find wetlenses that work well with it?
Do you think the A7C would be beneficial for my usecase or could it even be worse for me? (Price, depth of field, lower flexibilty in this setup...)
Sorry for the long text, thank you for your input!
Attached: situations when I wished I had a better camera.