Skip to content

Shooting Technique, Workflow and Editing / Archived topic

Sony microdrive

Started by underexposed ·

  • 2Posts
  • 2Replies

Read-only discussion

Sony microdrive

2 posts
  1. Sony microdrive

    Does anyone have the Sony microdrive? It comes in 2 and 4 gig. When I am compairing it with other microdrives it seems to have much faster speeds. I want to know if I'm reading it wrong. The Hitachi says it has a transfer rate of 7mps and the Sony says 97.9mps...can this be right? Are they playing with the numbers? Under capacity is says 12gb, this must be a typo as it is a 2gb drive. The transfer rate I have read on a few sites though. The info below was coppied from

    http://www.sonystyle.com/is-bin/INTERSHOP....oductSKU=RHMD2G

     

    It does seem to have a better operating temp range then the Hitachi. I need to get something and am leaning to a compact flash but want the best performance for processing the raw files.

     

    Please share your thoughts...[:]q

     

    Specifications • Capacity: 12GB

     

    • Sector size: 512 Bytes

     

    • Interface: CF+TM Type II

     

    • Format type: FAT16

     

    • Max. data trasfer rate: 97.9 Mbits/sec

     

    • Average seek time: 12 msec (Read, typical)

     

    • External dimensions: 1 3/4"(W) x 1 1/2"(L) x 1/4"(H) (42.8 x 36.4 x 5.0 mm)

     

    • Weight: 0.6 oz. (16 g)

     

    • Power requirement: 3.3V±5%, 5V±5%

     

    • Power consumption: (Write)1.0W (3.3V), 1.6W (5V)

     

    • Operating temperature: range32 to 95°F (temperature gradient 9°F/min or less)

     

    • 0 to 35°C (temperature gradient 5°C/min or less)

     

    • Operating humidity range: 8 to 90% (no condensation)

     

    • Storage temperature range2: 2-40 to 158°F (temperature gradient 9°F/min or less)

     

    • -40 to 70°C (temperature gradient 5°C/min or less)

     

    • Storage humidity range: 5 to 95% (no condensation)

     

    • Compatible OS: Windows XP, 2000, Me

    [/url]

  2. I have had an IBM 1GB microdrive for a couple of years now - and it has always been a fine performer. It is starting to feel a little small now, and I was looking at getting a 2 or 4 GB Sony.

     

    I presume it will be Mac compatible (doesn't say so above). I also cannot believe that it is 10x faster than the Hitachi.

     

    Alex

Fotosub Shop

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.