I'm planning (???) to buy Saga Trio macrolens and would like to get community opinion about this device regarding quality, convenience vs conventional wet macrolenses (AOI, Aquaco, Weefine, ...). Will be much appreciated for comparative examples.
Photography Gear and Technique / Archived topic
Saga Trio opinion, pros and cons
Started by LeeCat ·
- 8Posts
- 8Replies
Read-only discussion
Saga Trio opinion, pros and cons
-
-
-
@adamhanlon Thanks a lot for your tip. I'd like to know something from hands-on experience and, specifically, why this lens is relatively unpopular, compare with traditional macro lenses.
-
@LeeCat-I have used it a fair bit as my linked review shows...what sort of "hands-on" experience are you wanting?
-
It is normally "gloves on” with the trio! Its forte is cold water diving.
-
@adamhanlon The best would be to see photo done with Trio and conventional macro...
@Alex_Mustard Cold water diving isn't my cap of tea
, but lever control and reduction of different pieces of equipment - bonus
-
@LeeCat-there are images shot with both in the review. If these are insufficient, perhaps you could get one and then share your results?
I guess you can compare the images shot with the Trio in the review with other images shot with +5, +10 or +15 "conventional" wet lenses. Even then, there is a huge variation in the quality and (quoted) actual power of the close up lenses that are available in the market.
I think the review's conclusion stands: The Trio offers good but not the best image quality, but is very convenient. Whether you choose convenience or absolute quality is a decision that you have to make. -
@adamhanlon Thanks