Skip to content

Beginner Forum / Archived topic

OLY C5050 MACRO HELP

Started by BLUEBIRD ·

  • 2Posts
  • 2Replies

Read-only discussion

OLY C5050 MACRO HELP

2 posts
  1. OLY C5050 MACRO HELP

    I have just started using a c5050 with PT015 housing and am thinking of buying a Inon D180s strobe because it has been superceeded by D2000 and can be bought at a very good price. I also want to purchase a macro lense. Has anybody any advise bearing in mind that I am a beginner.

  2. Depends on what you shoot. Macro lens is good. My advice is to buy the macro lens from Inon rather than epoque. The reason is that the epoque lens is not a full 67mm. My belief is that there might be vignetting if stacked. Do ask someone who uses it to confirm

     

    As for the Inon macro, there are 2 lens to choose. UVL-330 is 1.2X and UCL-165 is 2X. Remember to get the 67mm thread one and it would fit. I would advise the UCL-165 since it is 2X.

     

    Strobe wise I am getting an ikelite DS-125 at a special price. My friend uses D180 and the pics are good. My advice is get the best you can afford. The problem with D-180 is that it doesn't come with TTL. Thus if you upgrade to a ikelite housing with TTL or even a DSLR, you might need to rebuy the stuff wasting money. That is the reason why I chose the DS-125

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.