Skip to content

Photography Gear and Technique / Archived topic

Travel backpack

Started by stillviking ·

  • 7Posts
  • 7Replies

Read-only discussion

Travel backpack

7 posts
  1. Hello wetpixels,
     
    I'm looking for an all-in-one travel camera backpack for my 1-3 days travels to take the camera gear and waterhousing (my gear is like a surf waterhousing for snorkeling). I saw the RVCA Zak Noyle Camera Bag Backpack that looked perfect, but after reading the reviews on Amazon, people complain about the material. What are you guys using to small trips?
     
    Good shots!
  2. I'm using a Cinebags CB70 Square Grouper to carry my housing and accessories. It's built like a tank and has the advantages of being waterproof and doubling as a private rinse tank.

  3. 10 hours ago, stillviking said:
    Hello wetpixels,
     
    I'm looking for an all-in-one travel camera backpack for my 1-3 days travels to take the camera gear and waterhousing (my gear is like a surf waterhousing for snorkeling). I saw the RVCA Zak Noyle Camera Bag Backpack that looked perfect, but after reading the reviews on Amazon, people complain about the material. What are you guys using to small trips?
     
    Good shots!

    Hard to go past think tank backpacks.  I have a streetwalker hard drive model and it holds the housing ports , lenses and strobes.  Here it is packed for travel, housing is Olympus EM-1 MkII Nauticam.    It is regulation carry-on size.

    IMG_2948.jpg

    Edited by ChrisRoss
  4. While on this subject I thought I should mentions about this lowepro back pack.

    This one takes my very large canon 1dxMK3 housing with ball mounts attached in the lower compartment. It takes the 230 mm glass dome port in the top one. ( I keep this nicely padded). It also take my laptop as well as passport and docs in the front bottom compartment. Its very unobtrusive  and passes off as a laptop backpack. This gives me room to carry the rest of my stuff in a lowepro roller bag as cabin baggage. I do know some people that also carry the camera in the housing but I refrain from that. 

    Just thought I should share this as am not sure if many people know that this backpack takes such a large housing, dome and laptop

    https://www.lowepro.com/global/fastpack-bp-250-aw-ii-lp36869-pww/

    Diggy

    Edited by diggy
  5. Very cool feedbacks!

    2 hours ago, diggy said:

    While on this subject I thought I should mentions about this lowepro back pack.

    This one takes my very large canon 1dxMK3 housing with ball mounts attached in the lower compartment. It takes the 230 mm glass dome port in the top one. ( I keep this nicely padded). It also take my laptop as well as passport and docs in the front bottom compartment. Its very unobtrusive  and passes off as a laptop backpack. This gives me room to carry the rest of my stuff in a lowepro roller bag as cabin baggage. I do know some people that also carry the camera in the housing but I refrain from that. 

    Just thought I should share this as am not sure if many people know that this backpack takes such a large housing, dome and laptop

    https://www.lowepro.com/global/fastpack-bp-250-aw-ii-lp36869-pww/

    Diggy

    This one looks very fine! The top comportament looks great for a dome, but where do you transport the housing?

    Top Compartment Dimensions

    29 x 15.5 x 22.5 cm

  6. On 3/14/2022 at 3:11 PM, stillviking said:

    Very cool feedbacks!

    This one looks very fine! The top comportament looks great for a dome, but where do you transport the housing?

    Top Compartment Dimensions

    29 x 15.5 x 22.5 cm

    The housing fits in the lower compartment and the dome like you said on top. Other gear I carry in a cabin carry on.

    Open bag pic and what it looks like closed.

     

    Diggy

     

    IMG_20220315_180628__01.jpg

    IMG_20220315_180701__01.jpg

  7. Thanks for feedback and photos!

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.