Skip to content

Photography Gear and Technique / Archived topic

Sigma 8-16 opinions?

Started by Draq ·

  • 3Posts
  • 3Replies

Read-only discussion

Sigma 8-16 opinions?

3 posts
  1. I have the opportunity to pick up a Sigma 8-16 at a good price.  Can't say I really need another rectilinear wide zoom, but wondering if anyone with experience with one has opinions?  This would be used on a D500 and in a sub-optimal 180mm dome

  2. I have had one for more than 10 years; I love it! Sigma in Bangkok had to tweak it so it would work on a mirrorless Nikon. I use it on a Z50, and you can read about it in the latest UWP magazine. I use it exclusively for shooting over/under in swimming pools which you can see on my FB page phuketpools  It's wider than the WWL-C. I use it with a 50mm extension and the Nauticam 8.5" acrylic dome.

  3. Thanks for the comment.  It looks like you are the only one using this lens!

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.