Skip to content

Photography Gear and Technique / Archived topic

Novus #2 = what grade sandpaper?

Started by Rick Francis ·

  • 4Posts
  • 4Replies

Read-only discussion

Novus #2 = what grade sandpaper?

4 posts
  1. Many of us have used the Novus #1, 2, and 3 to polish acrylic domes. Great products but #2 (the fine one) still leaves very tiny but visible scratches. What grade abrasive would correspond to #2 Novus? I have a set from Micromesh going to 12,000 (see chart image) but I'm not sure where to start to improve from Novus #2. Questions to Novus have gone unanswered.

    2022031909282300-1132510892245099762-IMG_3328.jpg

  2. I have a novus kit and i have the 3 the heavy scratch remover, 2 fine scratch remover and 1 plastic clean and shine. So three types of scratch remover in kit.

    DSCF5666 (1).jpg

  3. You use Novus's 3 step process.

    Use the #3 to get the scratch out by going over the entire dome. Then #2 to remove the #3 scratches, then the #1 to polish out the #2. Works very well, just takes time.

  4. Thanks, yes, I have used 3, then 2, then 1 (I read the instructions). I'm hoping to learn without trial and error how to improve on the results left when #2 is thoroughly used and #1 does not improve it from there.  Yes, I'm being extra fussy, because I have the polishing tools now to go beyond.  I guess I can try 6000 or 8000.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.