Not a pro. Currently shooting A6500 above and below surface. Wanting to upgrade to full frame camera and housing, without breaking the bank (A1 + Nauticam) so I'm looking at a few used cameras. I can get a good deal on an A7R III - from a practical standpoint, is the A7R IV that much better?
- 4Posts
- 4Replies
Read-only discussion
A7R III or A7R IV
-
-
From what I read up to now, A7R III makes more sense. More pixel show only more backscatter
-
Like many things it depends, some things to consider include if you want shoot video and which housing you choose. For example The A7R cameras shoot pixel binned from the full sensor and higher quality over sampled video a super 34 crop(similar to APS-C). The A7III however will shoot oversampled 24p from the full sensor and other speeds from a 1.2x crop. Check also that all functions that are important to you are available on the housing you choose. There is probably also some difference in AF performance - probably most important in macro shooting. For straight wide angle imageing there is probably no big advantage other than more MP for the A7RIV.
-
Thaniks for the feedback. I went with the A7R3 and an Isotta housing. Nice setup - still working through the learning curve.