Skip to content

Photo / Video Showcase / Archived topic

Blue Nudibranch

Started by Kraken de Mabini ·

  • 10Posts
  • 10Replies

Read-only discussion

Blue Nudibranch

10 posts
  1. I met this nudi in Anilao on Christmas day, Dec 2017. It is a Chromodoris willani nudibranch, its mantle color can vary from white to white blue to blue. Nikon D800E, 60 mm macro lens, auto ISO 2500, F32, 1/180 sec, two Sea&Sea YS-D2 strobes, Subal housing. 

    1374202250_Chromodoriswillani.thumb.JPG.8ffe3f5400cdb75772637df4f73f3702.JPG

    Edited by Kraken de Mabini
  2. Nice composition, Elias. Good one!

  3. Hi, Tim, thank you for your kind words. Photos and videos of underwater life will add spice to our enjoyment of Wetpixel, it seems to me. More pictures and videos are needed to balance the technical (and most useful) content. 

  4. Ooh, can I play along too?  C. willani is one of my favorite subjects in Anilao, as they are so plentiful and often almost seem to pose.  Here is one I took a few years ago:

     

     

     

     

    2540B668-1DF3-4251-94E6-E184EB155036.jpeg

  5. What a lovely photo of a beautiful nudi!

  6. Thank you sir!

    I agree that more photos and videos would be good around here.  Maybe a weekly or monthly theme thread (color, or species, or location) would draw us to post more?

  7.  

    8 minutes ago, troporobo said:

    Thank you sir!

    I agree that more photos and videos would be good around here.  Maybe a weekly or monthly theme thread (color, or species, or location) would draw us to post more?

    Super idea!

  8. Those are both wonderful specimens and very beautifully photographed.

  9. Wait - 60mm macro on D800e?  How close were you!?    I find it hard to get close enough with my 105 on D810 or D850.   I tried the 60mm for 2 dives and abandoned it as too short.

  10. The  lens port was about 15 cm from the nudibranch, and the photo information states the lens was a 60mm on a Nikon D800, it should be the same for a D810 and D850.  I really like the Nikkor D60 for its versatility, a matter of personal preference.   

WaterPixels Store

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.