I've seen $300 cell phone housings for sale for a few years now, but never saw any results. Has anyone here got anything to say about them? It seems like it would be very nice to have access to my cell phone to do some video if my camera is set up for macro. And the pricing ($300) seems good. Universal controls via bluetooth sound good, maybe. (Any delays?)
- 8Posts
- 8Replies
Read-only discussion
Cell phone housings?
-
-
Look at https://www.reddit.com/r/underwaterphotography/, there are some iPhone samples on the front page right now.
-
One of my dive buddies uses the SeaLife iPhone housing regularly. He rates it highly and often takes it alongside a bigger system. It certainly works very well and is complete with a vacuum system.
-
Go to UWPMAG.com and at the top of the home page click back issues, then type phone into the search engine.
You will find about twenty reviews. These are all free PDF downloads.
-
I just wouldn't feel comfortable putting my main device of communication in a housing to bring underwater. I think that's the main drawback not the quality, which is pretty good these days on phones.
-
Matthias Lebo did a review recently and he said he found the SeaLife SportDiver one of the best. There is an issue with slow response between button press and the app responding, but other than that, it looks great.
Here is the review -
I would think they make great accessory for videos, maybe not so much for stills where you are trying to capture a moment.
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk -
I use the DiveShot for photos with my iPhone
https://www.easydive.it/en/underwater-housing/smartphone/diveshot.384.html
I'm still playing with the setup, as I borrowed a friends to start with and now I have my own I'm adding lights etc. I think the photos are good, but still hoping to get better...
-
i think you'd be much better off with a gopro than a cell phone, as a secondary video camera.