Skip to content

Photography Gear and Technique / Archived topic

AOI epl10 quality issue

Started by caolino ·

  • 3Posts
  • 3Replies

Read-only discussion

AOI epl10 quality issue

3 posts
  1. Hi,

    I just bought the new kit for Olympus epl10 and I’m very disappointed for the functionality and quality issue.

    I have used for few dives and since the 3rd dive, in the middle of any dive it was starting to alarm. When back to the boat, I didn’t see any water infiltration and even after cleaned several time in the hotel was continuing to be in alarm.

    In general the day after everything was good but again go to alarm in the middle of the next dive.

    After another 3 dives in this very disappointed conditions I saw a small crack in the housing in the inner part.

    Anyone with similar issues?

    Thanks

  2. Hi caolino,

    Is the alarm for humidity or for loss of internal pressure? It is not normal operation. I think the best thing is that you take pictures and talk to AOI, the underwater case is under warranty.

     

  3. If it stays in alarm it sounds like the water ingress alarm there might be some contamination on the water sensor, this is normally just two wires side by side that complete a circuit when they are wet by water.  Find them and give them a clean in alcohol and dry thoroughly.  Keep alcohol off the housing of course!

     i agree contact AOI, but I would certainly check the moisture alarm first.

     

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.