Skip to content

Beginner Forum / Archived topic

point and shoot to SLR?

Started by elvis.doll ·

  • 3Posts
  • 3Replies

Read-only discussion

point and shoot to SLR?

3 posts
  1. point and shoot to SLR?

    Hi there!

     

    I have been using a Canon Ixus 400 with a Canon DC-800 housing for the last few months, but I'm starting to think that I either need to get hold of a strobe (or two) and a wide angle lens to do the shots I want... OR upgrade to an SLR setup.

     

    So do I spend a bit less money on some new accessories or go the whole hog and blow my student loan on a dSLR with housing, strobes, etc!?..

    :?

    I reckon that I would want to upgrade to an SLR anyway in the end.

     

    Any suggestions on a relatively cheap, but good quality (not asking too much am I!) SLR setup. I want to do both wide angle and macro photography... Are there any "multi-purpose" wide/macro lenses I could use to get started before upgrading to dedicated lenses for each?

     

    Sorry, many questions!!! Any advice much appreciated.

     

    Cheers!

  2. Regardless of what you go with...you'll need a strobe or two.

     

    That's all there is to it.

     

    ~Matt Segal

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.