Skip to content

Photography Gear and Technique / Archived topic

AOI Olympus Fantasea housing care

Started by John E ·

  • 1Posts
  • 1Replies

Read-only discussion

AOI Olympus Fantasea housing care

1 posts
  1. You know how the dentist reminds you to floss your teeth but then you never do? This is a reminder about operating buttons when freshwater rinsing, rather than just dunking or spraying your housing.

    I have several Olympus TG5 and TG6 housings. I also have older Fantasea housings and a newer AOI housing. I recon the quality of these housings is good and they have lasted well with heavy commercial use. A potential source of leaks I've experienced on the housings is the shutter button. If saltwater is left sitting in the shutter button mechanism this can cause slight corrosion after a time on the stainless steel part where it seats in the o ring so the seal is lost and water drips in at this pint. It can be possible to fix but - like teeth - best to look after. 

Keldan

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.