Skip to content

Photography Gear and Technique / Archived topic

Red Filters needed?? Which ones for PT-007

Started by JuergenB ·

  • 6Posts
  • 6Replies

Read-only discussion

Red Filters needed?? Which ones for PT-007

6 posts
  1. Hi everybody,

     

    I just had my first experiences with digital underwater photography, using Olympus C-3040 with the PT-007 housing. I do not use external flash; below of 15 feet, I got the typical green to blue photos.

     

    Two questions:

    1) Does UW-filters / red-filters help - what are your experiences?

    2) Does anyone know, which ones should be used for PT-007, and where to buy (www preferred)?

     

    Thanks in advance

    Juergen

  2. Does UW-filters / red-filters help - what are your experiences?

    I haven't used a red filter because the results i've seen look very strange - as if the picture was taken on land.

    If you own a PC and some image processing software, try to adjust the color balance of your pictures instead. Have a look in the Photoshop section here.

     

    where to buy (www preferred)?

    Try http://www.multimedia-online.ch/html/lenses1.html

     

    Sabine

  3. Sorry, I didn't log in my last post.

     

    Marc

  4. Hi Sabine,

    Hi Mark,

     

    Thanks for your replies and the interesting URLs.

     

    Different persons - different opinions. This reminds me to lawyers; ask two of them and you'll get three opinions.

     

    First, I'll get the Photoshop and work on my pictures. After this, we'll see.

     

    Best regards

    Juergen

  5. I try to RED color filter,but it not work fine.

     

    shallow water make too RED.

    deep water make no defferent image.

    flash make mad color ,(yes it is my misstake,I needed filter off.)

     

    I vote Digital not need RED color filter.

  6. The UR Pro filters are best used in shallow waters, no flash, and your results will all depend on where you dive.

     

    Most people just skip the trial and mostly error with the filters and go directly to purchasing a strobe.

     

    YMMV,

Marelux

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.