Hi,
I'm looking for a used housing for my Fuji XT2 and I may have found a Subal one with a dome port for the XF 10-24mm, which I'm very happy about. But I'm looking for some macro options for the XF 60 mm (the XF 80 mm is too big for me even if I loose the 1:1 ratio) and I can't find any port chart on Subal's website. I don't find any focus/zoom gears either. Since they make the housings, I can't imagine they don't have a port chart and don't make gears for Fuji lenses but I can't find them.
I contacted Subal via fb but I won't have any answer this week-end, so if one of you has this kind of information, don't hesitate to share ;-)
Thanks in advance,
Ks99
- 8Posts
- 8Replies
Read-only discussion
Subal lens/port chart for Fuji
-
-
Subal might not have specific geared ports for Fuji, and you may have to look elsewhere.
eBay as of today lists several Subal T3 geared ports that might be what you want.https://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_from=R40&_trksid=p2505460.m570.l1313&_nkw=Subal+port&_sacat=0
Also, here are some Subal port charts:https://www.opticaloceansales.com/subal-port-charts.html
http://www.subal.com/c16c13/Ports_Gears_Viewfinders/Flat_port.aspx
http://www.subal.com/en/portselection/lens...?markennummer=3
I once improvised a lens gear using an adjustable plastic gear belt, it helps if it is metric.
The gears can be printed, and some 3D gear specs are published in TinkerCAD,
(also: FreeCAD, AutoCAD, SketchUp, Fargo3D, and others). Good luck! -
Thanks for your answer, the adjustable plastic gear belt is a great idea.
I'll also have a look at 3D printing. -
Just to add to KdM’s advice: If you can find a type3 Subal ring where the diameter is slightly larger than the Fuji lens, you can usually pack the gap between the ring and the lens barrel with something like a strip of neoprene to stop it slipping.
The key is having the right gear tooth ratio for the housing. So if you get a Type 3 zoom ring you’re in business. Then just find a lens on, say, Subal’s Nikon or Canon lens list which has a very slightly wider diameter than the Fuji - then pack it. Even broad elastic bands work fine as packing material. .
-
Thanks Tim for the advice.
-
2 hours ago, Ks99 said:
Thanks Tim for the advice.

-
Rather than inquiring through Subal's Facebook page, I would just send Subal a direct e-mail inquiry. I've found that Subal is usually very responsive to direct e-mail contacts.
The Subal parts department once told me they have parts for every housing system they've ever made. At the time, I was re-furbishing a old Subal N010 housing for a Nikon F100 film camera.
-Tinman
-
Thanks Tinman, I'll do that if they don't answer on monday via facebook.