Skip to content

Critter Identification / Archived topic

Orange Nudibranch ?

Started by Kraken de Mabini ·

  • 3Posts
  • 3Replies

Read-only discussion

Orange Nudibranch ?

3 posts
  1.  I found this nudibranch? while diving Lembeh Strait in 2009 and have never been able to i.d. it.
    The camera was a housed pocket Olympus with light by one old Inon and one old Sea&Sea strobe, I forget
    which.
    Since 2009 the number and variety of sea life there has diminished markedly, maybe from the proliferation
    of water side resorts with their accompanying pollution and many divers.  More recently, the Covid 19 pandemic
    has greatly reduced the number of divers, but the water temp has increased and sea life there is not half as wonderful.
    Anyway, this lovely soft creature needs to be Identified.   

     

    P2245936.JPG

    Edited by Kraken de Mabini
  2. I would say Tritonia sp. based on this one.

    Makawiddy (15).jpg

  3. Yes, one can consider the species as a Tritonia sp. or a Marionia rubra, although the textbook photos in the Gosliner et al, Debelius and Coleman books are not that clear to allow me to choose one.  I sure wish I might find this nudi if and when I again dive Lembeh.  More photos and suggestions from other Wetpixelers are welcome.    

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.