Ikelite (90D) and Nauticam monitor HDMI cable problem
Started by ante ·
7Posts
7Replies
Read-only discussion
Ikelite (90D) and Nauticam monitor HDMI cable problem
7 posts
I would like to use Nauticam Shinobi with my Ikelite 200DL Underwater Housing for Canon EOS 90D DSLR. I installed Nauticam M16 Standard HDMI Bulkhead but I can not connect camera to the bulkhead inside the housing with the HDMI cables that are provided with the Nauticam housing. If I use "I" shape micro on the bulkhead, there is no space as it is going over camera controls (see photo). The second cable is "L" shape micro - that fits perfectly, but on the other end of the cable is also micro connector, and I need mini "L" connector. Is there any suggestions. I have spend 1 months looking for appropriate cable on the internet! Ikelite does not have suggestion.
best regards, ante
A couple of possibilities, first one is can you swap the flash bulkhead and the M16 port positions? I suspect they are probably different threads though. The other option might be a custom cable - dive and see might be able to provide something that will work.: https://diveandsee.com/uwater-connectors/
i could spec a 10cm or 15cm cable with two reversed right angle connectors in stock.
Thank you Cris for your advice. I will tray to do that an let you know:)
Best regards
ante
7 hours ago, ante said:
Thank you Cris for your advice. I will tray to do that an let you know:)
Best regards
ante
No Problem, note the aerial pixel cable right angle terminations are not the same type as your cable so you would need to allow a little extra length most likely.
im not sure what hdmi ports on the camera is is micro / mini or normal hdmi
this might help you if i get you right try this one of each cables might sort your issue
The problem with adapters is it's another join in the system to fail and there is limited space avaialable in the housing, so a single short cord with the right terminations is what's needed.
think it will be hard to find one a a good price for what you need think you will have to look at custom made cable company's
or finding out the pin out on the 2 connectors and making one your self as a lot of the raw parts are online but extreme good soldering skills and knowledge on shielding and putting it all together
i used to wrap connections with gaffer tape to keep connected so this would stop or cut down the chance of failed in the connection due to coming apart
as if its in side the housing should be all ok
is if its a failure due to broken cable or connection pins id buy spares and keep extras on a trip as some i do with silicon seals
good luck on finding the part the works for you
iv dived with ikelite my self so i know about the space issue