Skip to content

Trip Reports and Travel / Archived topic

Turks and Caicos

Started by TimG ·

  • 5Posts
  • 5Replies

Read-only discussion

Turks and Caicos

5 posts
  1. Just heading home after an excellent week’s diving in the Turks and Caicos islands with Explorer Venture’s liveaboard, TCI Explorer II. 
     

    Boat, crew, food and diving all really good and I’d happily recommend. I did 21 dives, skipped the 5 night dives, and covered a mix of walls and reef tops. Usual mix of Tropical Western Atlantic species including reef and nurse sharks and turtles. Some macro but wide-angle was pretty much king. 
     

    I’ll happily send/post more details if anyone is interested. I’ll post a couple of pics when I’ve processed them. 

  2. Thanks for the report @TimG  which area of the Turks and Caicos were you at?  I dove there a decade ago with the School for Field Studies field station on south Caicos.  Lots of fond memories running into humpbacks on the wall, and researching the marine reserves for lobster and conch!

     

  3. Hi Driftc

    We did multiple dives on the North West Point of Provo, then West Caicos and finally French Cay. No humpbacks, sadly!

  4. Sounds great Tim.  What itinerary did you do?

  5. Paul, it was 2 days diving Provo NWP (8 dives). 3 days off West Caicos (11 dives) and 2 days off French Cay - 3 dives.
     

    We tended to do two dives and a night dive on the same site then move on. It was possible to do 26 dives all told but after 4 dives in a day, I just can’t be bothered with night dives. 

    I can recommend Explorer Ventures heartily. We dived with them last year off Saba and that was very good too. 

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.